This post is written by our sweet friend and guest blogger, Alexa LeConche. A lover of candles and a little lady whose life revolves around a good sale find, traveling both near and far, & a damn good latte no matter the time of day.
Give her a follow on Instagram for a closer look inside her fun everyday!
Although it’s been a mild one, Connecticut winters seem to stretch on and on. It’ll stay chilly through March (and most of April), so today I’m teaming up with Candelles to share a few of my favorite ways to keep things cozy at home for the last little bit of winter!
1) LIGHT A CANDLE – Of course! So many of Candelles scents are fragrances that can be burned year round. My current favorites are Sweetheart (on sale!), Chai Tea, and of course Amber & Vanilla. There’s just something so soothing about having a candle burning quietly while it’s still chilly out – an added bonus is a fresh scent that reminds you spring is coming!
2) WASH YOUR THROWS – Cause if you’re like me, you’ve been snuggled under them all winter long and they could do with a good wash. Plus then they’ll be nice and warm from the dryer when you crawl back under them!
3) SPRITZ AROUND THE ROOM – Although you can wash the throws you can’t exactly throw the couch in the wash. I like to spritz my sheets and the couch with Candelles room sprays to freshen them up, my favorites mists are here and here!
4) GET A PLANT – Even if it’s fake. Adding a little of greenery to any room livens it up but also makes the space feel “lived in”. My fiddle leaf fig didn’t survive the winter, so no shame if you choose a fake. A snake plant will survive anything though, so if you don’t have a green thumb I highly recommend one of these beauties!
5) DON'T BE ASHAMED IF YOU'RE STILL IN LOUNGEWEAR – Like at all – embrace it. A few short weeks from now, the weather will flip and we all will miss our favorite pair of sweats when it’s too hot to sport em!
Is it still cold where you are?! I only ask because I know some of you don’t live in the Northeast, so Spring is probably much closer (or already here!) for some of ya. Also I have a surprise! Candelles and I are giving away a $50 gift card to stock up on goodies from their site! To enter see the instructions on Insta here + leave a comment on this post for an extra entry!